Thursday 27 July 2017

Strange Machine

An odd  parcel arrived today, it was big and bulky with a handle poking out the side. Curiously I opened it up wondering what it could be. First a small wooden tube appeared which led to lots of little cogs all joined together. As I took off the last piece of bubble wrap I spotted the initials D.G which stood for Dave Guttle my lost uncle. "It's something from my uncle" I yelled " Pardon dear" said Mum from down stairs " Oh nothing" I replied knowing that Mum thought Uncle Dave was a bit of a weirdo.

As I inspected the odd present again I realised it was a machine, an old rusty copper machine with lots of levers,buttons,swishy things,sliding things,pistons,pipes and valves all glued,slotted,screwed and bolted together to make this interesting contraption.

Though what was it for? How did it work? And why had my uncle sent this to me? I had many questions and I had to tell somebody but who? This might be able to solve the mystery of my missing uncle though who could I tell? My mum,no,dad,no and I didn't have any friends. I would just have to solve this myself.

Suddenly the machine started clanking and rumbling-it looked like it was going to fall over.Then it stopped and out popped a small piece of paper. I picked it up carefully to see if I could find the initials anywhere but I could not find them.

The peace of paper looked like a little world with half of it chopped down the middle. I could see lions and elephants prowling the land with peaceful zebras sipping from the clean blue water hole. Everything was so clear. And then it hit me-things were getting closer. I glanced over to the other side of the world, big skyscrapers stood tall and proud among the dull,grey apartments. I wondered if I was seeing things. I slapped myself, no it was real.

I reached out to touch the paper but my hand went right through it! I went back to the machine , placed my hand firmly on the lever and pulled it down. The machine rumbled and growled, then it stopped and out popped a small round dish. Suddenly, my room spun around me and I hurtled into the map.

I woke up in a cold alleyway.
"He's awake boss" said somebody gruffly "Bring him to me" said a cold voice "NOW!"
To be continued......`




1 comment:

  1. Great story Rosie I really enjoyed it can't wait for the next part of it it's so intriguing!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete